Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Do Not Contemplate The SpongeBobness

So just we were just relaxing and goofing off today (I slept in till 2pm for the first time in months...yay!) and the Punk (my daughter) is watching cartoons. FCB (that's Fat Cranky Bastard...the guy I live with) is kinda half heartedly paying attention to what she is watching.

He looks at me and says, "How can a sponge take a bath under the ocean?"

I have to say here that the laughing hysterically at what he said was making him turn lovely shades of magenta in complete anger. He asked me to explain the logic of the SpongeBobness. I told him I would get right on that as soon as he explained exactly where "under the ocean" was located.

He wasn't happy. I got called a smart ass (but of course!) and he demanded an answer. I just looked at him in my most patronizing tone.

I then went on to explain that taking a bath, grilling a hamburger (Where does the meat come from, anyway?) having a campfire, electricity, going to the beach, gas powered buses, boats in the sea, and many of the other idiosyncrasies that happen on the show, are what makes the cartoon full of "spongy goodness."

He called me a child and walked away into the other room. I called after him, "Don't hate just cause you don't understand!"

I think that man was born old.

3 comments:

The Girl Next Door said...

Persnickty you are hilarious. Love your blog. yes please link to mine - I would be honored. And I'd like to do the same with yours.

And I believe Bob Newhart, one of the great quiet comedians of all time, is the producer of(or otherwise connected to) Sponge Bob, one of the greatest cartoons of all time.

insanelybusymomma said...

LOL I so know what you mean (except for I can't stand Spongebob, in face, that's my Dh's X's nickname heehee). Keep up the great blogging :D

Feisty Irish Wench said...

do not mock the sponge old man. somewhere a poor nurse will have to use one on your decrepit body to give you a "nursie bath" because you're no longer capable of doing so yourself. besides, logic is for losers anyway. we like our world of creative license and delusions. it's way more interesting conversation here.