Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm All Wise...and Stuff...

So I was sitting here this morning...after drinking my morning coffee and emailing a very old, dear friend...and was thinking...I should write a blog entry about that thought I just had....right after I get done going to the bathroom...

What can I say...apparently genius just sneaks up on ya at the one moment you are indisposed. Oh well.

So on to the thought...with a little background so ya don't get lost, and can follow my whacked out ADD mind train.

This friend and I have history. (And quite possibly an offspring.) We have been lovers and friends for about 10 years. He is currently dating a woman he met a couple of years ago. She recently found out that she has cancer. She is going through chemo. He doesn't want to be in a relationship with her anymore. He says that things just aren't working out and he just doesn't feel the same about her that he did in the beginning. She is pressuring him to marry her. She wants to try having kids when the chemo is done. (He has a 20 year old daughter and a 14 year old son...and then there is my daughter...) He wants out. Bad. He also doesn't want to be the asshole that left the cancer patient for his own selfish reasons. He is a good guy at heart.

My thought was, (and originally I was going to type, "a wise old friend once told me," but dammit I am going to take ALL the credit for this one, because it is really GREAT advice) DON'T STAY IN A RELATIONSHIP THAT HAS NO FUTURE JUST BECAUSE THERE IS HISTORY!

Now I know there are friends out there that are going to bash on me a little cause I am not following my own advice to a certain extent, and they have every right. (Cause they are all meanies like that.) But every person has reasons,(excuses) for why the do what they do(finances). I'm just going to be the best friend I can be, and do my best to keep my heart in check, cause I already failed that history lesson, and I don't want to have to do summer school.

5 comments:

mama biscuit said...

Ouch, that's a HORRIBLE position for your friend to be in. I'm not sure I'd have the guts to dump her in the middle of cancer treatment. I'm a total pussy when it comes to causing others pain.

Meuse said...

personally...i'd graze in another field if i were you sweetie...but then again, i'm in a field of my own anyway, so what do i know? heh heh

Persnickety Ticker said...

Meuse...*wicked evil grin*...your field just needs to be plowed.

Or mowed. Whatever chokes your chicken...

Lindy said...

Nope, if he's not in love with her do her the honor of moving on. That'll give her the boost to get on with her love life, too. She needs true support right now.

Feisty Irish Wench said...

I am not mean thankyouverymuchmissy. I can be bitchy but there is a difference.

And isn't it amazing how much clearer you can think when you eliminate the clutter?