Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm Special! At least that's what someone besides my mom said.


See that? That picture over there? It's an award. For me. Really! And no I did not give it to myself! Girl Next Door thinks I'm special, and funny....and "you like me! You really, really like me!"

See...this award started over here at Arte Y Pico. If you click on that link you will see that it leads you to a page full of crochet dinosaurs and other artsy stuff all done in Spanish. I tried reading it. I was about halfway down the page when I realized I don't read Spanish. I barely speak it. If it weren't for Dora and Diego I would be completely fucked if I ever visited a Spanish speaking country/neighborhood/market.

I am going to make some nominations now. All I ask is not to be beaten to a bloody pulp for all the extra work that is is going to take for those I nominate. I made the effort, dammit, buck up and do the same! I also want to openly state here that I am still relatively new to this and don't have that many followers. I follow about 15 people, but I tend to be lurkerish, and comment stingy. I freely admit that at least two nominees are my best friends. What can I say. I suck that way. Here we go.

And the nominees are...

1.) Feisty Irish Wench for being a tough chick who gets the job done. No matter the job. She is witty and funny and takes things in stride, and if for no other reason deserves an award for not eating her offspring after giving birth to them...or at least not strangling them on a daily basis....Plus, she explained hyperlinking to me just yesterday and this award is definitely a test in being able to effectively do that.

2.) Meuse for her obsession with LOL Cats. Her postings of wacky cat tricks and quirky parent stories keep me laughing and sane on days I want to go all baseball bat on certain males that live with me. Plus, she reads everything I write, comments all the time, and best of all provides me with shoegasmic blog fodder.

3.) Tysgirl for so many reasons, one of which is the title of her blog Nucking Futs. She is a brave and strong woman that takes amazing pictures, has a great sense of humor. Plus she reads my blog. I like that in a person!

4.) Johnny Virgil for his amazing humor that makes me snort coffee on my keyboard while simultaneously making me wet myself. He's that fucking funny! I have not even begun to crack his archives and whoa betide my poor laptop and couch when I get around to it...

5.) And last but not least Limpy. Without the abundance of humor he provides, along with all the rest of those above nominees, I would not be nearly as funny as I think I am. They inspire me to be entertainment for the masses. I only hope one day I can be as cool and funny as Limpy. He oozes humor and makes it look easy. I wish it was.


Here are the rules for those that were nominated:

1. Pick five (5) blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award (http://arteypico.blogspot.com/)


So that's it. I fulfilled my part. Whether the rest do is up to them. Damn I'm tired. I deserve a nice fruity drink for all this effort. And a cookie. A cookie would be great.

With SPRINKLES!

5 comments:

Meuse said...

i accept your nomination, and am actually kinda shocked at it since i am not a blogging savante in anyway... however, i will have to recieve a crash course in "what the heck am i supposed to do now??" in order to fullfill your requests. would you mind being my ..eh...heh heh toot-er?
(i mean heck, why not? you already popped that perverbial cherry ya know...its like we're family now)*insert evil wicked giggle here*

Feisty Irish Wench said...

Oh lordy, like I don't already tax my cranial capacity as it is...you throw this in my lap too?

The only reason I didn't eat the kids was because they're too salty and full of piss and vinegar like their father. That and I need them for things like mowing the yard and taking out the trash so I can be the House Diva and point, direct and command them to do my bidding.

And you get an "A" for the hyperlinking quiz. I got no stickers or stamps, so here's your "atta girl"

Kellan said...

Congratulations - this is a great award!

Thanks for stopping by my site today - so nice to see you. Hope to see you again soon - Kellan

mama biscuit said...

Thank you for the nomination. Very kind of you, though I'm not sure I'm worthy. I'm not feeling so brave and strong today. The pregnancy hormones are making me want to hunt down and kill the little Japanese fuckers that kidnapped my husband from me this week.

I'm not sure I'll be able to pass on the award to 5 people, the last time I tried to choose 5 people from my blog roll, I got in all sorts of trouble from the ones that didn't get picked.

See, I'm a total pussy.

limpy99 said...

Ah do declare sweetheart, your flattery has done given me the vapors.

Thank you from the bottom of my blackened and shriveled little soul.