Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I promise I won't let the cookies eat the cats on your ceiling.

I am so tired I could sleep for a week. I couldn't feel more like shit than if I dropped out of the ass of a dung beetle. Do dung beetles even have asses? Do moths have balls?

Anyway. Been doing my share of FCBMom duty at the hospital. (Could someone please page the Universe and let it know that I am not the heartless bitch it thinks I am? Also, could Karma please be CC'd on that memo as well? Ktnx.) I have been running myself ragged between my regular family duties and trying to take care of everything else that keeps popping up in my life. Today isn't going to be any less hectic. I just caught a break today because I was able to put the Punk on a bus and not have to deal with 15 year old attitude coming out of a 5 year old mouth. I thought I would give y'all an update while I enjoyed my morning dose of caffeine and waited for FCB to rise from the dead so we can get going to the lawyers.

While visiting with the FCBMom, she is providing me with lots of giggles as well as frustration. As to be expected with a stroke. The other night was a particularly hallucinogenic one for her. Blame it on the meds or her condition, but she was hilarious. She was staring blankly up at the ceiling and I asked her what she was looking at. (She blanks out on us and sometimes sleeps with her eyes open. Creepy.) She said she was worried that the cookies (I brought her cookies to try to get her to eat something, ANYTHING!) were going to eat the cats that were all over her ceiling. I couldn't help but start giggling. She looked at me, and in a moment of lucidity, she said, "Oh my! What did I just say? I must be losing my mind!"

I just smiled and told her to go with it. Between the drugs and the stroke she should just lay back and enjoy the show while it lasts.

Within a few minutes she started brushing the blankets and asked me to help her get all the puppies and bugs off of her bed so she could sleep. I told her I thought we had seen enough animal planet for one night and I was turning the TV off so nothing else would come out and bother her for the evening.

My reward for this heroic gesture? She reached out to touch my face while I was straightening her blankets and told me that she wished I was her daughter.

Awwwww.

As I was leaving and telling her to get some sleep and I would be back in the morning to help her eat breakfast, she warned me to make sure I watered the cookies or they would wither and die.

Who knew?

So that is one of many funny little tidbits I have to share. I am sure there will be more to come since she is going to be in the hospital for at least 6 weeks if she lives that long.

If you are looking for more funny, go check out my other blog that I share with Feisty and some Crazy Lady. There is a new post up that made me spew chocolate coffee this morning. Just what I needed to start the day!!

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

aww, there is nothing better than drugs to bring a family together.
I hope she makes it...and Karma will be taking notes on all the good you are doing. :)
take care-suz

ChiTown Girl said...

I'm getting worried about you, and that you're going to get sick yourself from being so run-down. Please take care of yourself, while you're taking care of EVERYONE else!!

Persnickety Ticker said...

Too late! It seems on top of this plague that I have had for a month now, I have caught a cold on top of it. Now I'm all like employing oompa-loompas to help keep up with the snot production in my sinus cavities. No human could possibly produce this much snot alone with out the help of little green-haired-orange-dudes. I think they are having a party in there later cuz I heard talk that someone called that whole fooking Mucinex Jabba-the-hut-looking family.

The Girl Next Door said...

Kudos to you and your big heart - the heart you need to take care of and don't get sick yourself!!!!

Tink said...

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond to the comment you left on last Friday's post! It suddenly got very crazy at work. I would love to meet up with you sometime! Do you drink coffee? :)

Email me: twstdtink(at)yahoo(dot)com.