Monday, March 31, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes and Smartalecs

I climbed into the shower this afternoon because it was high time I shaved these fur trees masquerading as legs (all you ladies know what I am talking about 'cause you know damn well you have been there at least ONCE in your lives) and as I am getting out, my daughter is standing there in the bathroom staring at me with the oddest expression on her face.

"Mommy, I think you're very wet," she says.

"Yes, Punk, (short for punkin) I think that is what happens when you take a shower," I reply.

"And ya' know? You're kinda naked, too."

I fell in the shower from laughing so hard.

*****************************************

Another conversation that took place today...and remember, she is only 4. (Going on 13)

"Mommy, my boobies are too small."

"They'll get bigger Punk, trust me on this. Genetics has a sense of humor that way."

"Mommy, your boobies are too big."

"Yes honey, I agree with you." (Last measurement was 48 H)

"What's inside them, Mommy?"

"Umm....Air."

"Ooh...like balloons! Don't pop 'em, Mommy!"

(more uncontrollable laughter) "I'll try not to, Baby."

1 comment:

mama biscuit said...

I had a kid once that felt the stubble on my legs and told me my legs were broken.

Kids are brutally honest.